2018 KBS MEMBERSHIP
READ THE WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT (AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE) BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR MEMBERSHIP OR REGISTERING FOR ANY KBS COMPETITIVE EVENTS.
BY REGISTERING FOR A KBS MEMBERSHIP, ONLINE AND/OR PHYSICAL EVENT, YOU ARE CERTIFYING YOU HAVE READ THE RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT
READ BEFORE REGISTERING FOR ANY KBS COMPETITIVE EVENT
You, the registrant, member and/or participant, are agreeing to the following when signing up for membership and/or registering for a Kayak Bass Series (KBS) online and/or physical event:
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Kayak Bass Series, LLC’s events and its related competition and activities, I, the registrant and/or participant, being 18 years of age or older, acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
- I affirm that my participation in any KBS Event is voluntary and declare that I am physically fit and capable to participate in such; and
- I acknowledge that kayak fishing participation and competition involves certain inherent dangers, and hazards; that the risk of injury from the activities involved in this event are significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular skills, physical fitness, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary Terms and Conditions stated here and in the Rules for Participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and immediately bring such to the attention of KBS Officers or Tournament Directors; and,
- In full recognition and appreciation of the dangers and risks inherent in such activities, I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS KAYAK BASS SERIES, LLC and its owners, officers, managers, officials, volunteer event staff, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, event service and technology providers (including but not limited to I-Angler Tournament App), and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used for the activity (“Releasees”), with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, whether arising from the negligence of the releases or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law, and I hereby waive, release, and forever discharge Releases from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, or causes of action, for costs, loss, expenses, or damages to personal property, or personal injury, or death, which may result from my participation in the KBS Event.
BY SIGNING UP AND REGISTERING FOR A KBS MEMBERSHIP, ONLINE AND/OR PHYSICAL EVENT, I AM CERTIFYING I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS AND ACCEPT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
WEAR IT! When you’re on the water, wear your life jacket – also known as a Personal Flotation Device (PFD). Year after year people lose their lives while boating. According to the U.S. Coast Guard, 85 percent of drowning victims in recreational boating accidents were not wearing a life jacket. No matter how good a swimmer you are, you never know what will happen when you’re boating. You can still have fun on the water while wearing a life jacket and boating responsibly. Always wear your life jacket!
All prizes and awards (including AOY, cash payouts and trophies) will not be awarded unless winner is present at the tournament, classic or championship event. Winners not present at tournament, classic or championship forfiet all rights to any prizes and awards awarded through random drawing or earned throughout the season.